Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Praying For Love

Love is something that everyone wants. It is the desire of the heart to feel loved, and the desire of the heart to be able to love unconditionally. Genuine love, which can only come from God and be distributed through us by God, must be sought after and prayed for. Here are some tips to help you know pray for love. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7 will be our source for pray for love.


Instructions


1. Know that praying is simply talking to God. You can talk to God just like you talk to people, with plain language. He understands everything you say, and He knows the intent of your heart.


2. Ask God for help with love. Tell Him your heart's desire. If you have a need to feel loved, ask for it. If you have a need to know express love, ask for it. If you have a need to be able to truly love others, ask for it.


3. Use the Bible verses that pertain to your situation when you pray. For example: " Lord, your word says that 'Love is patient and kind' (1 Cor.13). Help me to show kindness to everyone I come in contact with, so they can feel love." Or: "Lord, you say in first Corinthians 13 that love rejoices when truth prevails. I ask you help me in the truth, so I may still feel loved."


4. Read about love in the Bible as you pray. Take the scripture and personalize it. For example: " I thank you, Lord, that I walk in love, both giving and receiving it. That means that I am not boastful or proud, not envious, but rejoicing in the truth. I ask you to help me improve in the areas that I need work, and help me keep my eyes on you as I endevour to walk in love."


5. Thank God for the evidence of love in your life. Thank Him for answering your prayers and for helping you to accept love as well as to give love to others.